Five Ways to Kick Winter to the Curb
1. Now that the year’s warmed up, you can prepare for a more active, outgoing lifestyle:
- Pump up your bicycle tires.
- Dig out your warmer weather activewear.
- Find a pair of sunglasses that are designed for sports or adjust to lighting conditions.
- Stock your kitchen with tasty, nutritious spring vegetables and fruits like snap peas, carrots, and strawberries.
2. Think color. Pastels are synonymous with spring, in lovely and delicate shades of everything from powder blue to lemon yellow. However, if that isn’t your style, you can go beyond that to vivid blues that echo the clear blue sky, sunny yellow, and vivid greens of new plant growth (think: Pantone’s Color of the Year in Greenery).
3. Why not literally bring the outside in with colorful bouquets? Look out for early spring flowers like daffodils and violets. Amp up the bouquet with textured leaves like ferns, eucalyptus, and bamboo.
4. Quickly brighten up your decor with a few inexpensive pieces. You can change the curtains, add throw pillows to the couch, or swap out different artwork for pops of color and visual interest. For greater impact, invest in an affordable statement piece like a bold area rug.
5. Kick your year into gear with a good spring cleaning. You may want to:
- Vacuum up those dust bunnies behind your couch.
- Wipe off windows to let the light pour in.
- Rinse your houseplants to remove dust and get them ready to grow and bloom.
- Open the windows to air out your place with that crisp spring air.
Spring is a wonderful time to be in Long Beach, CA. The warm weather and colorful scenery bring people in from across the country. Active young adults, growing families, and retired seniors all call City Place home. To find out what floor plans are available, contact us today.